Catalina State Park - Romero Ruins Trail

>> Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just a short jaunt was all I had time or health for this week, but it is an ideal trail if you want a nice sunset hike one evening. I arrived at Catalina State Park (Tucson, Arizona) just after 6pm. I had my eyes on the beautiful late day light and shadows on the Catalina mountains and was looking for a good place to get a little exercise, but mostly view the sunset. The Romero Ruin trail is less than a mile and takes you around a small ruins with historical guidance along the way. The ruins isn't very impressive after you've visited someplace like Mesa Verde, but I took the hike to look at the mountains so that didn't bother me. One thing I really found impressive was a massive saguaro that was along the trail (above photo); I can't imagine how old that plant must be. One things for sure, the world has changed a lot since that thing was just a little sap. I was excited to see the cholla blooming as well as buds showing up on the saguaro. I found a peaceful, pretty spot to setup the camera for a few shots. The earlier clouds of the day had mostly disappeared, leaving a pretty sunset but not of the intensity of my last trip. It just became a still meditative evening to sit on a bench and watch the sunset, gaze at the sliver of moon, and feel the gentle, warm breeze blowing. A nice way to end the day.


If you are looking to travel to Tucson, or anywhere else, be sure to click over to my travel site.
If you like the images you see they are available at my Zazzle gallery.
Click here for Catalina State Park information.

0 comments:

Sacred Spaces Travel is...

An insider's travel journal to places of wonder, to God's creation at its best. A spiritual, insightful, helpful, travel guide to locations that will touch your soul. Only heaven itself could outdo the magnificence of these sites. Without a doubt, the most beauty one can experience this side of eternity. The adventure begins in my neck of the woods, the desert southwest (Tucson, AZ and beyond). Explore through images, writing, and tips places where man only comes as a visitor. Where the flora and fauna are in control and we humans are only present to marvel at their glory. Season by season we'll observe nature go through her circle of life. Prepare to embark on a journey devoid of worldly concerns to where a bit of heaven touches earth. For it is in those wild, quiet, deserted, sacred spaces God's voice more clearly is heard.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP